storing 6" sanding discs?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julianf

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd keep them in the boxes they come in, but they fall apart. Possibly the simplest option is to tape them up again, but does anyone have a better idea?

I dont want to go to the trouble of making a wooden box, id rather just either get the brown tape out, or buy somthing!

There's an american youtuber who advises this -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384760653084
...but its a fair bit of cash for a plastic box, shipped from America.

Ive looked at the really useful range, and theres nothing that (ive seen that) really fits the job.

Just wondering what other people are up to?

Thank you.

Really Useful boxes are great, so a good route to take. I've had some 14" self adhesive discs for a good number of years and it's always interesting to see what happens when I come to fit one. The adhesive drying out makes for an interesting afternoon as you start the sander up and stand back as the abrasive disc sometimes decides to go on a journey. For me it is to late to think about the best way to store my discs, so I just wait with interest to enjoy the moment.

Colin

Local Aldi has a 6 drawer unit in at the moment, can't find it on the website but it's about 6" x 9" drawer size iirc

I have some scrap wood, i think I will make my own, fortunately the scrap wood is bang on 6 inches high :)

I suppose it depends on how fancy you want to be. I opted for the baton on a wall approach, with screws spaced for the holes in the sanding discs

Attachments

• 16490711303292838185759873877879.jpg
    16490711303292838185759873877879.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 18
For me a screw on the wall wont work (Abranet doesnt have suction holes so nothing to attach to) and theyre cluttering up my drawers

Im going to try these: Really Useful Box 7 Litre + Tray Clear

Internal Dimensions: L 340 x W 307 x D 70mm so should be able to fit 4 stacks of 150mm discs in each box whilst still thin enough to fit in a drawer.

Making a box is a pain. But we were bored in our down time between jobs so we CNCed the parts for a box to hold these. Our design held the different grits and was easy to carry about. Easy to put back in the tooling cabinet. One made, they will last. Also made from trash drop. No point in buying something like this if you have drop lying about.

Latest posts

Back