Storage heater stopped working

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
My mother has a small storage heater in her bathroom which has stopped working.

In the past when other storage heaters have stopped working the electrician has come out, taken the front off and just clicked a reset button. He showed me how to do it but it was quite a while ago and this one being in a bathroom is different to the others, it has no input adjustments etc that you can make.

I was going to take the front off and have a look (obviously isolate it first) but thought I would ask on here first in case someone tells me it's a bad idea :dunno:

This is the heater in question

storage heater 1.jpg

storage heater 2.jpg

Any advice appreciated.

If it’s an old one the insulation in front of the heat blocks tends to break up into multiple pieces which prevent you from refitting the front panel. I had to remove all the blocks and the elements and order a replacement insulation panel. All this to lay a laminate floor. The combined weight of the heat bricks is immense so I’d advise you to call an electrician unless there are any on this forum with more precise advice. I’ll not disturb one again .. 😩😩😩

Back