Stone saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digger58

Established Member
Reaction score
Need to cut a good few old storage heater bricks for a wood fired pizza oven, I have an ols Kolb, bridgesaw that I have stripped and refurbished. The motor shaft is 25mm but only discs I can find are 25.4mm (1") the bricks are really hard and heavy.Anyone any experience of working these?

Wrap the motor shaft with some .20 mm steel gauge shim stock then the blade should be a nice tight fit on the shaft.

These blocks are about 250x250x30(mine are) a 115mm disc cutter has more control than a 9inch .you may use more blades but less risk..
Tony

A Kolb bridgesaw sounds like a serious bit of kit. I have one of these on my Durher table saw. Not cheap though and no idea what diameter your saw is.

BF850T Diamond Turbo Table Saw Blade - Diamond Cutting Products

Edit, actually mine is 25.4mm bore and the above had a terrible whine and was swapped out for an HM by Marcrist so that may not help. I guess what you need is a bore reducer from 30mm but I can't on a quick search see anything other than 25.4.

Last edited:
A Kolb bridgesaw sounds like a serious bit of kit. I have one of these on my Durher table saw. Not cheap though and no idea what diameter your saw is.

BF850T Diamond Turbo Table Saw Blade - Diamond Cutting Products

Edit, actually mine is 25.4mm bore and the above had a terrible whine and was swapped out for an HM by Marcrist so that may not help. I guess what you need is a bore reducer from 30mm but I can't on a quick search see anything other than 25.4.
My problem is the shaft is 25mm but only for about 2mm, ie just where the blade sits, after that it is 20mm! It is a serious bit of kit, chain driven saw that runs across the bridge on 10 bearings. The current blade is 255mm.

Wrap the motor shaft with some .20 mm steel gauge shim stock then the blade should be a nice tight fit on the shaft.
Not that easy, my problem is the shaft is 25mm but only for about 2mm, ie just where the blade sits! Could turn up a reducer from 30mm centre but the only 255mm blade I can get has the 1" bore.

20mm is a more common bore, perhaps there was a washer on the 25mm bit?

Back