STILL no sign of the new Veritas Chisels

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last I heard I think Rob said the O1 versions around Christmas - but not in time for them to be under the tree. Can't remember whether he specified which year though... :-k :lol: I blame the caramalised maple handles; production probably keeps stopping while the LV elves have to go and attend to their maple syrup cravings.

Rob Lee":1m12wtat said:
They're running... but very, very slowly....
Oh spherical objects. I withdraw the "what year" witticism as no longer being funny then. (Arguably it never was funny...) Seems to be a necessity with chisels that their birth is a long and protracted affair, which never fails to intrigue me for what is widely considered such a "simple" tool. Still, if Guinness advertising has taught me nothing else, it's that good things come to those who wait. (Also that tick follows tock, and toucans have a surprising affiliation with Irish stout....)

Alf":3jozwox7 said:
Rob Lee":3jozwox7 said:
They're running... but very, very slowly....
Oh spherical objects. I withdraw the "what year" witticism as no longer being funny then. (Arguably it never was funny...) Seems to be a necessity with chisels that their birth is a long and protracted affair, which never fails to intrigue me for what is widely considered such a "simple" tool. Still, if Guinness advertising has taught me nothing else, it's that good things come to those who wait. (Also that tick follows tock, and toucans have a surprising affiliation with Irish stout....)

Hi Alf!

I, too, have used the "what year" when asking about delivery dates.... #-o

Chisels require a bit of extra testing - as they're likely to be beaten, and used as a pry (not just paint can lids!)...

Just being careful is all....

Cheers -

Rob

Do please keep us posted on the release date Rob, as I am close by ( in Canuck terms that is ) , and may just get a review in before the rest of the faithful do. This would be a major achievement for me . My wife has just let me get back to the shop after my stay in Guelph Hospital and shiny new Lee Valley goodies would make a great way to return to it. And since she is feeling so mellow towards me at the moment , well it seems a good time to try for them.

Cannot afford that one either. On the poverty scale I have to have a great month to be considered destitute. With apologies to Rob . I picked that one as it was in the provided batch of pics and I am a bit of a slothful type sinner.

Latest posts

Back