• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Still looking: Spares for AGS10 Rebuild: Ghib Plate casting and MEM Rotary Swichfuse

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KT_NorCal

Established Member
Reaction score
HI All,
I'm well into the restore of my 1979 AGS 10. Unfortunately, the AGS 10 from that era came with a "value engineering upgrade" in the area of the ghib plate that captures the back of the second trunnion. It basically doesn't work because as the trunnion drops the weight of the motor will start causing the trunnion to twist out of alignment. Long story short I'm looking for the casting and ghib plate from the earlier version of the AGS10. I've attached a pic of the part(s) I'm talking about to help better identify it.

Second I'm looking for two of the fully enclosed MEM "rotary switchfuse" (seen in attached pic of the AGS mounted on the front left). this is definitely not a must have, I just would like to have them to complete the restore of the AGS and my BER2. Basically only because they are way more elegant than the modern versions. :)

Last but no least, I'm looking for all the various bits that make up the later "parallelogram" style of riving knife mechanism that was on these AGSs. Not holding my breath on this item, but if you very randomly happen to have the bits (or some of the bits) I would be very interested!

I am, in the States, but have purchased parts from the UK before for my various tools and it always went very smoothly, so hopefully my being across the pond doesn't scare you off if you have any of these spares!

Thank you
Kevin

Attachments

• MEM switchfuse on left.jpg
    MEM switchfuse on left.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Wadkin AGS10 Ghib Casting and Plate.jpg
    Wadkin AGS10 Ghib Casting and Plate.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 0
just a friendly bump as I'm now making progress on the saw again... :)
Did you manage to find a rotary switchfuse? I’m in a similar position, got a BAOS which has rotary switch fuse front cover but no insides, does anyone have a photo of the inside?

Unfortunately, I haven't heard from anyone... I have run across several on ebay in the past that were for the BAOS and its brothers... they came with just the front box and the guts, so I think they might be more common than finding a fully enclosed one like they used on the Table saws.

hi, the casting, I have a spare one. I scrapped a trunion assembly years ago.

Attachments

• BILD0031.JPG
    BILD0031.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • BILD0032.JPG
    BILD0032.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • BILD0033.JPG
    BILD0033.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
still here, needs new bolts, whitworth thread. What else are you looking for? new on here and no idea about private messages!

Last edited:
Just this site's "conversations" (little envelope icon in the upper right hand of the site navigation).

I was just going to have to fabricate something anyway so having the casting will save me a ton of trouble! Just sent you another message.

Spotted this on FB market place
Might be worth making contact with the guy incase he has other parts
Click on picture shows mobile number

Attachments

• 24F63CBD-93B4-4C5A-B1A5-42CE7AA740D8.png
    24F63CBD-93B4-4C5A-B1A5-42CE7AA740D8.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Spotted this on FB market place
Might be worth making contact with the guy incase he has other parts
Click on picture shows mobile number

Hmmm, any email posted with that? Honestly would feel a bit strange about just rando-calling from the states to see if he has other stuff!

Appreciate you reaching out with a heads-up though!
KT

Hmmm, any email posted with that? Honestly would feel a bit strange about just rando-calling from the states to see if he has other stuff!

Appreciate you reaching out with a heads-up though!
KT

LOL
Ah I must read all of the post , didn’t realise you were in USA

poss message via FB ??

Hi, bump away, its was posted last week. about three weeks to get to you.

Attachments

• evriusa3.jpg
    evriusa3.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 0
  • evriusa1.jpg
    evriusa1.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 0
Back