Still got 10 fingers..........JUST (Parental Advisory)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColG

Established Member
Reaction score
I had a major kickback while ripping a piece of oak on Thursday the result of which can be seen in the attached images.

DSC00042.jpg
[/img]

Yoooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! :shock:
Ouch - hope you've got yourself all stitched up.
Get well soon,
Philly :D

Thanks for posting that, as they say a picture is worth a thousand words.

Presume it was your avatar that fought back. Guess there will be a totally re-appraisal of how to tackle a similar job next time.

Hope it all heals up without any complications.

Nasty,thats enough to make the wax pop out your ears, get well soon. Avoid shaking hands and swinging on parallel bars.

ColG

i had a "minor" chopsaw accident about 3 weeks ago, similar sort of mess but only one finger

when the practice nurse dresses it INSIST she uses Mepitel, it does not stick to the wound

REFUSE to have the wound dressed with Jelonet. Unless you want to experience the pain of removing it.

I hope you recover quickly - boy does that look nasty :( !

Left hand?

Gill

Ouch! Hope that is'nt hurting to much Col.
Don't forget your tetanus
gdpit_com_5610561_48.gif
:wink:

O-U-C-H #-o #-o

I hope you heal quickly, When you do something like that it's often the frustration of not being able to work for a while that is most annoying (after the initial pain has worn off of course).

Take care

regards

Brian

thanks for the pic as a new person to the table saw and woodwork it will make me be more carefull.. as rest say hope goes ok

I hope it heals quickly and without any problems.

I for one am all for posts like this. Next time I am in the workshop, I will be thinking of that photo. Might prevent me from having a similar experience.

Thank you and get well soon.

oooouucch! :shock:

Hope it heals soon and not too much long term damage, you seem to have no tip to your fore finger?

Very thoughtful to stop and take a pic when its the last thing on your mind!

Thanks for all your good wishes. Hopefully they've managed to save the tip of my index finger as there was not much bone left. The second and ring finger have both suffered nerve and tendon damage so am likely to be out of action for at least a couple of months which is a real bummer.

Nasty. It might be educative for everyone if you explained more about how and why the accident happened.

Hope you heal fast, and well.

Better than watching "Casualty" :lol:

Seriously, much sympathy and good wishes for a speedy recovery. When you feel up to it, a description of how it all went wrong would be useful.

OH MY GOD Col. That looks a mess. I have to admit also you are a braver sole than I as I would be on the floor passed out. I can look at other peoples blood but not my own. :shock: Hope it mends soon mate and with no lasting damage.

Thank you so much for the reminder...

I wish you fast recovery

I know that kickback occurs at "faster than the speed of light" but, do you have any idea why it happened so, we can watch it next time

Thanks
niki

Back