Stihl/Husqvarna chainsaw bars or cheaper generic type?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
I've a few chainsaws and just wondering if anybody has experience/opinion on the cheaper replacement bars such as Rotatech, War Tec, Rocwood etc? OEM bars (and much else) are getting rather expensive. I fell trees, limb and cut logs a couple of times a week.

TIA.

Speak to Chainsawbars they will give you honest advice, I personally get quality chain and bars even on my Chinesium chainsaw, pays off in longevity and safety.

The cheap bars are usually softer and heavier (usually glued together instead of mechanically affixed, but maybe everything is glued together now).

If you use a saw a lot, I would think the biggest issue with them would be weight, but light weight bars are more expensive to make and doubt there are any cheap good lightweight bars.

Forester bars are lower price than OEM here and I can't tell a difference - not sure who makes husky's swede-saw bars, but it's probably someone like oregon, or maybe it's in house now. But they just seemed decent and not over the top great.

I'd have a good bar in the size I ran most of the time and maybe save the cheaper bars for long or short bar use if you have a saw that's got a lot of power and can run anything from short to long.

Ive got a rotatech in a 011avt. Ive used it a couple of times and its been good.
I modified mine to fit a depth stop. I'll deny everything if you tell the elfin safety 🤣

Attachments

• 20210713_172441.jpg
    20210713_172441.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 20210714_103033.jpg
    20210714_103033.jpg
    428.5 KB · Views: 36
Back