Stickley Morris Chair - finished

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
General term of offence from Red Dwarf, ie you smegger, smeghead, hit the smegging thing.

Thanks for the compliments

Ironballs":2plmmgyd said:
General term of offence from Red Dwarf, ie you smegger, smeghead, hit the smegging thing.

Thanks for the compliments

Ermmm Oh yes! Now I remember! :oops:

Just not used to hearing it in that form! Reminds me just how long it is since Red Dwarf!
Cheers
John :)

I still can't get on with the colour of the upholstery, even with the new pics from the posher camera...I think something a bit 'livelier' would have looked better. In fact, what about this:

NewFiat500pink1.jpg

...as the colour for the leatherwork. Come to think of it, you could even have one of these as a new runabout :lol: :lol: - Rob

Ah but Rob.... I quite like the brown. Tones in with the oak just right.

And wait until the leather has had a few applications of a good leather feed. it will look darker as it ages, and it will squeak like crazy when you sit on it.. for a while at least!

:D

John

I saw this in the fleash the other friday when helping setting up the show(and the first night of the show) and its looks great, nice work Damian!

Should have got me to make a plinth for it you smeghead

JH

Rob you're a twisted man and potentially going slightly loopy as you count the paycheques down. Is this your subtle way of telling us what you've replaced your old Landie with.... :D

JH building a plinth could have been premature as I wasn't sure it was going to make it in time until the day before!

Are you on the full degree course then?

And didn't that table look absolutely amazing - including the little carbon fibre tubing supports for the top

Ironballs":3or8wfnl said:
Rob you're a twisted man and potentially going slightly loopy as you count the paycheques down. Is this your subtle way of telling us what you've replaced your old Landie with.... :D
Damian, it's the medication...that's my excuse :whistle: (though I am on some long term) and I'm sticking to it. As I said earlier, cracking job on the chair :wink: - Rob

Nice job Ironballs! Great looking chair and must have taken a wee while with all those M&Ts!? But a great result nonetheless. From what you say it looks like you'll be making another one for Mrs IB?!!

cheers
HM

Ironballs":2op92k3h said:
JH building a plinth could have been premature as I wasn't sure it was going to make it in time until the day before!

Are you on the full degree course then?

And didn't that table look absolutely amazing - including the little carbon fibre tubing supports for the top

been to busy to get on the forum the last few weeks, so not had chance to reply.

being a master plinth maker now, i've got it down to an hour from first cuts to first coat of white.

well i'm in my second year now, did you like my ottoman?

my favorate bit on that table was the angled half lap dovetials on the drawer front :shock:

JH

Congratulations on a well made and completed project, way beyond my capabilities. Even the moving around of the components would be a challenge in itself.

So whats next?

Ha nice plinths!

Was that your ottoman? Very nice work, I did like that one, you should get some pics up on here.

Not sure what's next DW, I have an elm box for the remotes that's been in component form for about a year, a walnut and maple DVD tower that's just starting and I need to design a tall bookcase that I bought a shed load of oak for last winter.

Looking forward to it all though

Oh and not forgetting the old Les Paul of course. Ahem

Back