step jaws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
I am going to order some chuck jaws and am looking at a couple of options to spread the postage.

Are step jaws http://www.timberbits.com/vicmarc-vm90-100-step-jaw useful or jack of all trades, master of none? Are they a useful thing to have or not? I have standard jaws which cover the smallest of the steps. I dont do massive bowls, but I do seem to do things with big holes in, eg current interest in clocks

I guess you could say all jaws have a use if you have the application they fit! The step jaws would give you three spigot sizes but the disadvantage with those is that two out of three of those spigots are set back from the front surface of the jaws so the piece you were holding in the jaws would either need to be of a diameter small enough to fit within the larger step or would need to be shaped so it avoided the other steps.

A valid couple of points, thanks Paul.

I ordered some jaws this morning but have the step jaws a miss. I have a task that my current jaws won't quite do and the step jaws didn't solve it. Having unused sets on a shelf starts to get expensive quickly!

Back