Steam Powered Box Factory

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely love it - thanks for posting that :)

I bet the poor old mutt is deaf though :roll:

'elfunsafety?

I just wonder how many accidents there have been in the 120ish years it's been operating? Not many I would guess, prbably less than a modern 'safe' mill? What a fascinating place to see and I am really glsd that you psoted it, TA :mrgreen:

Their method of pyrography is a tad quicker than mine and what a lovely bit of Heath Robinson to do it with too! I could quite happily spend a day or 2 wandering around there..

I notice the person with the long hair seems to have got away with it so far, but the dog's tail is unusually short!

Maybe it's just my romantic imagination, but I reckon that the people who work there have a far better understanding of the machinery, and a stronger mental connection to the manufacturing process, than they would in an ordinary, modern factory like those on show in 'How It's Made' programmes.

I also noticed the dog's atypically short tail. I can just imagine the day a whelp came from behind the running gears and flapping belts. (hammer)

There might be one small thing wrong somewhere here... but i haven't found it yet. The beat-up Chevvy pick-up for starters. You can fair smell it all. And a Health and Safety report would just spoil it all. I think I know someone who would love all of this. Make that two.

edit: at about 3:20 in on "The Planing Mill"... there's a 'Darwinator', or at least the top bit of one... just where they start the whole thing up.
This all beats TV, don't it?

Lord Kitchener":34iv2t94 said:
I notice the person with the long hair seems to have got away with it so far, but the dog's tail is unusually short!
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Back