startrite tilt arbour table saw info

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhwbigley

Established Member
Reaction score
i've recently bought a 10" startrite tilt arbour table saw, ex school, it has a metric scale so cant be older than 20 years? can any one shed any light on the model for me? like can i get a manual for it? fitting extraction to it? rip fence bar extensions?

thanks

jhwbigley":2nvoiilg said:
i've recently bought a 10" startrite tilt arbour table saw, ex school, it has a metric scale so cant be older than 20 years? can any one shed any light on the model for me? like can i get a manual for it? fitting extraction to it? rip fence bar extensions?
It probably is older than 20 years - because Startrite ceased saw production in the late 1980s. I've worked on Wadkins built in the 1960s which had metric scales and I went through school using both metric and Imperial in the 1960s so I think your assumptions abouit when metric came in are a bit awry,

If you do a search aropund the forum for Startrite you should find details on the TA/SP.275 which have been published in the past by myself and others

Scrit

thanks Scrit, yes it must be mid 80s as it has the straight blade kant/height handles, as the older ones had hand wheels? i had one at my old school with the hand wheels and a imperial only scale! then my next school had a new startrite 12" panel saw, what a up grade! my saw is like the one in the latest published 1996 collins complete wood workers manual, (but it was first published in 1989) but the angle scale is just a yellow thing and the brown nvr switch box and the darker green.

and thanks paul, iv emailed them for a new crown guarde with a dust extration outlet and some rip fence extension bars

jhb

jhwbigley":2vz5bsi1 said:
thanks Scrit, yes it must be mid 80s as it has the straight blade kant/height handles, as the older ones had hand wheels?
Up until the 1970s, yes

Back