Startrite - Tilt Arbor Circular Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
personally I used the heavy duty scotch brite pad and some wd40 then cleaned any muck off with meths. I use some beeswax polish (no silicone) to get a nice and smooth surface.

you can use the scotch brite pads on a random orbit sander, but if is isnt too bad then just do it by hand.

The rise and fall on mine was fine but tilting mechanism was stiff so I stripped it all down, cleaned and reassembled. Then had to mess with it for ages to get the blade to line up with the mitre slots.

EMAIL SENT TO DEEMA

PS i;m thinking of changing the motor for a single phase do you think it;s worth my while checking the 3 phase motor is working before i swap them over ?? if it.s working what do they sell for if atoll
mock

Yes it does but i can only find a dark green hammerite but no worries iv;e got to clean her up and deiced what i;m going to do with the saw 1st i;m going ahead of my self i think i haven;t tested the motor or anything yet :roll: :roll:

mock":2845zp4q said:
Model is a T/A275 manufactured in 1986 THANK;S TO A.L.T. Saws And Spares Ltd

Well done! It's nice to know they could help, and what was the blade size for it, 12" as you said?
Rodders

I v;e removed the motor and my next job to remove the pulley's i;m going to post 2 photo;s Q 1 Should there be a grubber screw in the hole on the pulley ??? Q 2 And can i just tap the block in towards the motor to release the pulley ??
Q 3 when i have the motor tested would there be any interest on here to purchase if it;s o'k ??
I;m thinking of purchasing a new single phase motor i have't looked in to this much yet and don't know if they would do a part X so just weighing my options up at the moment ??? ps and a photo of the motor
And advice regarding removing the pulley on the motor would be most appreciated
Thank's Mock

Attachments

• DSCF7587.JPG
    DSCF7587.JPG
    196.3 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCF7588.JPG
    DSCF7588.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCF7576.JPG
    DSCF7576.JPG
    212.9 KB · Views: 70
Motor tested to day
black to earth 7.0gh
brown to earth 7.4 gh
blue to earth 7.5 gh
BALANCE
black to brown
black to blue
g m
brown to blue all 6.9 h
haven't run the motor as we don't have 3 phase
so if i can get the pulley of it will be up for sale any interest on her before she goes on ebay as i;m going to buy a single phase motor
mock

I found a motor on the web but it has a 28mm bore instead of my 24 mm like my motor so my question?? Would it make any difference if i bought the motor with a 28 mm bore and new pulley /// Better to ask all these questions than purchase a motor that;s no good just in case you have only just looked at this i;m changing a 3 PHASE motor in my startrite table saw for a SINGLE PHASE
motor found her http://www.motors-direct.co.uk/index.ph ... &cat_id=65
1 PH Electric Motor 3.0kw 2pole Cap Start/Cap Run

£229.95
Product Description

1 PH Electric Motor 3.0kw 2pole Cap Start/Cap Run

MDSR High Starting & Running Torque Centrifugally Switched Motor. Aluminium single phase motors according to IEC regulations. Multi-mount design with removable feet.

Voltage 220 - 240V
50Hz
Insulation Class F
Protection IP55
Mounting IM B3
Colour RAL 5010

Shaft Size: 28mm
FLC: 16.6 Amps
Product Code: MOTNJHTL19
Mock

That motor is 4hp and probably a 100 frame size hence the bigger shaft. you want a 90L frame, the same as your old motor then the shaft will fit.

Read the plate on the existing one - that is where I got the frame size from.
Stick to the same frame size foot mounted and the motor mounting holes and shaft will be the same.
So you want 90L frame, foot mount, 2pole, capacitor start, capacitor run, 3hp, 240v single phase.

My heads in a spin i don;t know whether i.m coming or going can i be cheeky and ask you to find me 1 i do apologize
it would be most appreciated mock :oops: :oops:

I would suggest ringing motors-direct, they are very helpful and will advise what motors they have that will be like for like.

When Ive bought from them, they usually have more than one choice of make. I seem to recall the last motor I bought for an extractor was Australian.

Any one recommend any of these motors 1 PH Electric Motor 2.2kw 2pole Cap Start/Cap Run

£166.95
Product Description

1 PH Electric Motor 2.2kw 2pole Cap Start/Cap Run

MDSR High Starting & Running Torque Centrifugally Switched Motor. Aluminium single phase motors according to IEC regulations. Multi-mount design with removable feet.

Voltage 220 - 240V
50Hz
Insulation Class F
Protection IP55
Mounting IM B3
Colour RAL 5010

Shaft Size: 24mm
FLC: 12.5 Amps
Product Code: MOT7OURK67

Or Product Description

1 PH Electric Motor 2.2kw 90L Frame 2pole(3000rpm) Cap Start/Cap Run

MARELLI High Starting & Running Torque Centrifugally Switched Motor.
Aluminium single phase motors according to IEC regulations.
Multi-mount design with removable feet.

Voltage 220 - 240V
50Hz
Insulation Class F
Protection IP55
Mounting IM B3
Colour RAL 5010

FLC:
Product Code: 1PH6NGQC37

Manufacturer: Marelli

Stock Level: 10

Or Single Phase Cap Start Cap Run Electric Motor - 2.2kw - B14 Flange Mounted - 2 Pole

Single Phase Cap Start Cap Run Electric Motor - 2.2kw - B14 Flange - 2 Pole
Single Phase.
Capacitor Start Capacitor Run
2.2kw.
90L Frame.
2 Pole.
3000 RPM Nominal.
B14 Flange Mounted

Single Phase capacitor start capacitor run electric motors, often referred as cap start cap run motors, are able to handle applications that are too demanding for any other type of single phase electric motor such as a permanent capacitor motor. High starting performance means that cap start cap run motors are suitable for agricultural, high pressure washers, vacuum pumps, conveyors, and refrigeration equipment which all demand higher starting torque. The advantages of capacitor start capacitor run motors are their high starting torque, their ability to run either clockwise or anti-clockwise with a change of connection and their cool running to comparable kw powers. All our single phase cap start cap run motors have a light weight aluminium frame and have an IP55 protection rating giving dust protection and protection from low pressure jets of water meaning the operating conditions can be preserved inside the unit in most working environments. These single phase capacitor start capacitor run electric motors also have an IE1 (Eff2) standard efficiency rating. B14 motors are flange mounted.

Technical Information

All dimensions in mm unless otherwise stated.

AD (Height): 243 Single phase capacitor start capacitor run 2.2kw two pole B14 electric motor
D (Shaft Diameter): 24
E (Shaft Length): 50
L (Length): 365
M (Pitch Circle Diameter): 115
N (Spigot Diameter): 95
P (Flange Diameter): 140
S (Hole Size): M8
IP Rating: IP55
Efficiency Rating: IE1

For more technical information click here to download our Electric motor catalogue.
Information is published in good faith however we cannot accept liability should there be any errors.

Please note: These prices are only valid through our online store.

mock":1mykbuvy said:
Or Product Description

1 PH Electric Motor 2.2kw 90L Frame 2pole(3000rpm) Cap Start/Cap Run

MARELLI High Starting & Running Torque Centrifugally Switched Motor.
Aluminium single phase motors according to IEC regulations.
Multi-mount design with removable feet.

Voltage 220 - 240V
50Hz
Insulation Class F
Protection IP55
Mounting IM B3
Colour RAL 5010

FLC:
Product Code: 1PH6NGQC37

Manufacturer: Marelli

Stock Level: 10

I was having a little nose at that one,but it's been a long time since I did motor theory so I'm not the best to advise.
What I did note though was the speed, doesn't the original turn slower? I can't quite make it out from your pics but it looks like 23something something.
It may not be a huge issue and could probably cured if it was by pulley choice to correct it.
Would be nice though if it's a straight swap, your old pulley would fit the shaft and be a quick fix on that front.

Back