Startrite ta175

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwr

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi could anyone tell me what size bolts are used to fix the table to the base on a startrite ta175 table saw?
Thanks

I'm not sure about this, but there might be a chance it could differ depending on the year as I've seen the rails with both imperial and metric markings.
I looked through the manual but saw no writing stating the bolt sizes, but maybe it shares a bolt with another and you could check that with a regular nut.

http://www.altsawsandspares.co.uk/spares.html

Tom

Thanks Tom as soon as I get saw out into the WS I will take a better look, i cant find reference to those bolts anywhere every other part i can find.

Ttrees is correct.....Startrite used imperial threads on their earlier models and metric on the later models, but there was a transitional period where they used both on the same machines apparently.....!

I cant say what the metric thread would be, but if its an imperial thread, 5/16 UNC fits because I've replaced a few on a couple of Startrite table saws. I've worked on 4 different saws and so far they have all been imperial threads, but all 4 saws had an Imperial rail.....

The 5/16 unc worked perfectly thanks for the info. My next question is what size stop/start switch do I need for this same saw, it has a 1.1kw motor.

Latest posts

Back