Startrite T/A 145? motor upgrade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update, re assembled tonight and tested, cuts like a dream, where i thought it stalled before it was clearly just slipping on the belt. A big thank you to all who helped and commented…no new motor needed, just 2 new belts, nice to keep it original, saved a fortune…and learnt a lot.👍👍👍

What a fantastic and helpful thread! I have an old startrite table saw being delivered today which will need some TLC. Could I ask how you found out which belts you needed and where you got them from please?

Did you oil the internal moving parts? If so what did you use? I have white lithium grease, 3 in 1 general lubricant and briwax if that will do.

Thanks in advance!

What a fantastic and helpful thread! I have an old startrite table saw being delivered today which will need some TLC. Could I ask how you found out which belts you needed and where you got them from please?

Did you oil the internal moving parts? If so what did you use? I have white lithium grease, 3 in 1 general lubricant and briwax if that will do.

Thanks in advance!
Machine spares for the belts👍
E1F8920E-C7AF-4E57-9392-45A9AAF8D7FA.png

Do not oil the internal parts, everything that moves in there rotates on oillite bushes, if you lubricate anything in there it will quickly gum up with sawdust!

Latest posts

Back