Startrite / Robland SD310 - need help aligning outfeed table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkaardal

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I've gone over the very helpful post from Ian Parkin, and I've seen a couple of threads on the forums here but I'm still not able to get this darned thing set up quite right.

The infeed table seems to be ok - and also doesn't really appear to have any way to adjust it.

The outfeed table on the other hand... well, I've tried to get the leading edge of the table even with the blades and then raise the back of the table to be on the same plane as the infeed table. When I do this though, it messes up my first adjustments. I have to be missing something, since right now it fees like I have to adjust all 4 points at the same time, have the outfeed table both up and down simultaneously, and have a pair of straight edges along the beds and a couple of spirit levels across 'em.

On the outfeed table there are 4 places you can adjust. On the back side of the table there are two bolts that you loosen to allow you to make some adjustments on that side of the table. On the near side of the table there's a big set screw as well as bolt that can be adjusted.

The set screw is the only one that is easy to adjust while the bed is down.

Here's a picture - anyone have any tips?

#1 and #2 are the bolts on the back side
#3 is the set screw
#4 is a bolt

L0BhMAV.jpg

Hi there
Have you made sure that the blade block and hence the blades are set to the thicknessing table?
If you don't do this you can never get it right

Then its just a matter of two straight edges on the outfeed table and adjust so the table is level with the blades

It helps if you make sure first the thicknessing table is level to the floor in every direction
Then you can put a spirit level on the top tables and know that everything is going right

Ian

flh801978":2eihwwsg said:
Hi there
Have you made sure that the blade block and hence the blades are set to the thicknessing table?
If you don't do this you can never get it right

Then its just a matter of two straight edges on the outfeed table and adjust so the table is level with the blades

It helps if you make sure first the thicknessing table is level to the floor in every direction
Then you can put a spirit level on the top tables and know that everything is going right

Ian

I did check the thicknessing table and blades, and the infeed table and blades - all was good. It just seems that the obvious way would be to then get the leading edge of the outfeed table aligned to the blades, then raise or lower the trailing edge of the table as needed. Doing that throws everything out of kilter again though.

:/

mbartlett99":9m276ioj said:
I just received this - http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/X31/ ... ions3.html - its the set up guide for their X31. The mechanics look very similar to what you've got and to my NX310 Pro; the adjustment procedure isn't what I expected. Hope its of some use.

This... this may help. Knowing where to start from is definitely useful. And the fact they mention using a hammer to tweak the adjustments kinda fits.

Thanks man, I'll give this a go tomorrow morning!

.Donovan.

Back