Startrite 352 Handbook/ Instructions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beech1948

Established Member
Reaction score
This is just a request to see if anyone of you has a handbook or manual for the Startrite 352. I would like a copy please. I have managed to get my recently acquired used 352 working and well tuned but have some items I am wondering about..

Willing to pay copying costs and postage if you can help.

Hello Beech

Is this one of the new 352's with the blue and white double ceramic blade guide or an older model with the triangular type metal guide. If it's the older type it may have similarities to my 351SE and maybe I can help with any specific questions. I think Kityuser also has a 351SE and the tool polls show three of us with them but no 352's.

Bet no-ones got a bottom wheel that wobbles as much as mine though. It's just made short work of my favourite 1/2 inch dure -edge :x .

Regards

Roy

Thanks for the offer. My bandsaw is an older model, about 1990 give or take a couple of years.

I don't know if they are the same or not 351 and 352. Yes I have the triangular ( metanite ) blade guides. I was curious about fence types and how to adjust the two speed mechanism. Also looking for a parts diagram so I can attempt some modifications.

Beech

Well the 351 is single speed so I don't think I can help there. I 'll do a bit of research and if the fence is the same I'll let you know. I don't have a working scanner at the moment to send you a copy of the rather poorly printed sheets that constitute a manual.

Just a thought, have you tried posting to RecordPower's forums you may get some infor there. They seem to be monitored by staff as well who sometimes post replies.

Ooh just found this Link
if you can spare £15

Roy

Edit: Just edited the link to stop the dreaded screen scrolling. Alf :)

Roy,
Thanks for link. I found the people who took over Startrites old spares operation buy they want £9.99 for a manual. £15 from S&S seems a bit high. I'm just being a cheapskate trying to get one for a couple of pounds.

Alan

I'd be interested in instructions for a 352 as well - have just bought a three phase one, and am about to replace the motor with single phase. If it works as well as most people claim for the 352, my Kity 613 will be on the market!

I found the people who took over Startrites old spares operation buy they want £9.99 for a manual. £15 from S&S seems a bit high. I'm just being a cheapskate trying to get one for a couple of pounds.

Have you tried Startrite themselves? see www.startrite.co.uk I have always found them helpful and wouldn't be surprised if you could get a copy manual from them for nothing or maybe cover post. Worth a try anyway - there is a contact page.

Cheers

Scratchy

I found the people who took over Startrites old spares operation buy they want £9.99 for a manual. £15 from S&S seems a bit high. I'm just being a cheapskate trying to get one for a couple of pounds.

Have you tried Startrite themselves? see www.startrite.co.uk I have always found them helpful and wouldn't be surprised if you could get a copy manual from them for nothing or maybe cover post. Worth a try anyway - there is a contact page.

Cheers

Scratchy

You think £9+ for the instructions is steep! They've just quoted me £12.50 for a key to the lockoff on the one I've just got. 'fraid it's going to be taken out of the circuit, unless anyone out there knows what key profile they use.

well on the subject of startrite spare, how about 13 squid for a 8-9 inch drive belt for my 351

13 bloody quid. shocking :shock:

steve

Many thanks for\ all your replies.

I have now found a free source for the manual. So if dickm or anyone else wants a copy, when I get it, please let me know. Copying costs and postage to be paid by requester.

Startrite were very unhelpful. They have sold off their old stock of spares to a company in the midlands. See ads in your magazines for Startrite spares. In fact I would say that Startrite were a pain.

I was eventually put through to Record Power who provided a bandsaw expert to talk to me. He was great. knowledgable, helpful and full of suggestions and advice. Well done Record Power for once.

Hi All,

For any one interested I have just recieved the 352 manual and can copy it for free for the next few weeks. If you need a copy I'll throw in the postage as its just too much phaff to send small amounts back and to.

PM me with your surface address and I will send asap.

beech1948 said:
Many thanks for\ all your replies.

They have sold off their old stock of spares to a company in the midlands. See ads in your magazines for Startrite spares.

Beech,
What a generous person you are. I still have my original 1982 instruction books for the 352 but I would like to know the company you are referring to regarding spare parts.
Thanks in anticipation.
Fred.

Fred,

The address you requested is:-

A.L.T Engineering Services,
Unit 5,
Pier Road Industrial Estate,
Pier Road,
Gillingham,
Kent.
ME7 1RZ

Tel/Fax: 01634 850833
Mobile: 07957 941464

Email: [email protected]

Let me know how you get on talking to them. I found that their oriceses were a bit high but the guy I talked to was very willing to help and discuss issues.

regards

Back