Startrite 352 bandsaw ceramic guides

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muddyboots

Reaction score
Firstly - i am a new member so hello.
I have recently acquired a startrite 352 bandsaw which needs the ceramic inserts replaced. They appear to be dovetailed into their aluminium housings which look like a letter C. I have tried my best to locate a supplier of these but I must admit with little success. Can anyone help in identifying a supplier?

Fingers crossed - thanks.

Hi and welcome. A number of us on this site have 352’s (me included) of various ages. My own one (1970’s vintage) has a different guide block set up to the one you describe. It’s possible that this changed over the years or that the previous owner of yours added them as an after market option. A picture would probably help others help you - if you could upload one?

Welcome to the forum.

I can't help you with your specific question, however I also have ceramic guides on a bandsaw and I'd recommend checking that you do actually need to replace them. They get black streaks on them which looks unsightly but doesn't affect their performance. So unless they're deeply grooved (which would take some doing as they're much harder than the carbon steel used for most bandsaw blades) then they're fine to keep going.

Thanks for the prompt reply. If you look at the picture, i think you’ll see why I’m looking for replacements.

Attachments

• 7B19F113-FA10-48DB-B4C6-D35E0495A231.jpeg
    7B19F113-FA10-48DB-B4C6-D35E0495A231.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 76
Well I’m out of ideas - the guides on my 352 are nothing like that. Do you have a pic of the machine itself? That would help date it.

Back