Startrite 325 Blade Tracking help please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody33

Reaction score
Hi

I am a new member and need to ask for help with a bandsaw problem.

I have a good old STARTRITE 352 Bandsaw with which I am struggling to adjust the belt tracking to no avail as yet. I set the belt dead centre, release the blade guides top and bottom and then tension the blade with the tensioning control. I have the problem other people have mentioned which is that no matter how I centre the blade it tracks to the front of the bandwheels within a few turns clockwise.
The manual describes the blade alignment and mentions a blade tracking knob and a release nut at the rear of the machine. This is a mystery as the only ajustment knobs are the belt release at the rear of the lower bandwheel and the blade tensioning control.

Help!!!

Thanks

Tony

The knob on the middle of the top wheel adjusts tracking - it tilts the wheel in and out.

Hi Tony,

One extra bit of info about adjusting the tracking. The adjustment is quite sensitive so only move it in small step until you find where the optimum position is.

Also you asked this question before and it was answered by another member here bandsaw-questions-t15020.html
The fact that you asked again, suggests to me that you have not set your profile so that you get notified when someone replies to you. There is also a similar setting so you get a message when someone sends you a private message. You might want to set both of these options.
To access your profile, hit the button at the top of the page.

HTH

Bob

Latest posts

Back