Startrite 275 universal joint

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathanb

Reaction score
Hello all, I am the very proud recently new owner of a Startrite 275 tablesaw. I've had to clean out about 20 years of dust and the rise & tilt is now smooth. What I've noticed though is the blade rise & lower universal joint is on its last legs, i've seen the very pricey "official" part but I've also seen cheaper options on the web. Problem is, without taking the universal joint off completely I'm completely at a loss of the bore size. Anyone out here know what the dimensions are for this by any chance?

I'm sorry I can't help you out. I only posted to ask if you wouldn't mind letting us know how you get on.

I also own a 275 and may be faced with the same situation at some point.

I'm sorry I can't help you out. I only posted to ask if you wouldn't mind letting us know how you get on.

I also own a 275 and may be faced with the same situation at some point.
Thanks Ozark, good to know there are other 275 owners out there!

I haven't had a chance to look into it any further as I am half way through building the workshop. The rising and lowering of the blade is a little jerky but otherwise good so the UV joint is holding out for now. As soon as the workshop is finished I'll be focusing on this and will update this thread.

Thanks and best of luck with your workshop. I used the 275 to build a workshop of my own. I used it to make T&G larch cladding and had enough left over to do a T&G floor inside also. So I've been very happy with mine.
I've never done any woodwork really apart from that but I'm thinking of making some cabinets and shelves this year so will hopefully get to spend some more time using it then.

Thanks! The larch T&G sounds great. I was considering a wooden structure at first but ended up going with a steel frame with box steel sheeting as it seemed cheaper and quicker for its size. It's 14x7m in total split into two 7x7m "rooms". The workshop being one and a horses stabling area the other. The horses side is done and the insulation and vapour barrier of the workshop is complete, just in the process of plasterboarding the internal walls. I'm in two minds whether I want/need a softer/warmer floor over the concrete.

Back