Startrite 275 Dust Extraction Outlet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinsella

Established Member
Reaction score
Colleagues
I own a Startrite 275 table saw and for a few years, my old method was to sweep up the chips from the sloped outlet. this became annoying over time so I decided to design and 3D print a new outlet that I can connect to my dust extractor.
The internal edge of the door has a steel lip on the inside that can be used at a connector, so I designed a Z top-hat section to hook over the existing door edge (no fixings or connectors etc). I also designed it to have several 8mm x 2mm magnets (rounded size) at the bottom to fix to the steel base. (see the Sketchup or STL files)
I also make it in three pieces assuming I would glue to form one single piece. In the end, I connected them all loosely as the design is sufficient to simply slot together and is robust when in-situ.
Very pleased with the outcome. no chips on my floor anymore.

The 3D files are on Thingiverse https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3822571 if you want to print yourself.

Attachments

• IMG_3714_resize_resize.JPG
    IMG_3714_resize_resize.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3708 (1)_resize_resize.JPG
    IMG_3708 (1)_resize_resize.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3710 (2)_resize_resize.JPG
    IMG_3710 (2)_resize_resize.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 49
Colleagues
I own a Startrite 275 table saw and for a few years, my old method was to sweep up the chips from the sloped outlet. this became annoying over time so I decided to design and 3D print a new outlet that I can connect to my dust extractor.
The internal edge of the door has a steel lip on the inside that can be used at a connector, so I designed a Z top-hat section to hook over the existing door edge (no fixings or connectors etc). I also designed it to have several 8mm x 2mm magnets (rounded size) at the bottom to fix to the steel base. (see the Sketchup or STL files)
I also make it in three pieces assuming I would glue to form one single piece. In the end, I connected them all loosely as the design is sufficient to simply slot together and is robust when in-situ.
Very pleased with the outcome. no chips on my floor anymore.

The 3D files are on Thingiverse https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3822571 if you want to print yourself.
Hello.
Firstly. What a fantastic mod. It very much humbles my 3d printed 100mm port screwed onto a plywood box.

would it be possible to have the sourcefile or just a dimensioned drawing for the center section? I would like to try to make it in two parts to reduce the qty of material needed for supports.

Once again. Great work.
Chris.

Just reviving this post, just wondering if I could also have the files to print one of those for me?

Hello.
Firstly. What a fantastic mod. It very much humbles my 3d printed 100mm port screwed onto a plywood box.

would it be possible to have the sourcefile or just a dimensioned drawing for the center section? I would like to try to make it in two parts to reduce the qty of material needed for supports.

Once again. Great work.
Chris.
Sorry, i've only just spotted the note. I have given the STL link above. i think i drew it in Sketchup, is that what you are looking for? DM if you want it.

Back