StartRite 18-T-10 Vertical Bandsaw help, please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesDS

Reaction score
Hi

I bought an old StartRite 18-T-10 Vertical Bandsaw. It came from the factory single-phase, but during shipping, one of the wires has come loose in the control box and I can't tell where it came from. I took a photo of the control box before shipping, but guess what - it's the only wire the photo doesn't show the end of.

If you have one of these and your control box looks like the photo, please help me by telling me where the wires to the top-most of the three capacitors go!

The capacitor connects into the motor via a red switch placed above the on/off switches visible to the right of the picture. I need to determine where the wire marked in the photo goes.

Thank you so much in advance.

I'm doing a full restore on this machine and know quite a bit about the S and T series from 12-S-1 to the 24-T-10, and would be happy to return the favour!

James

Attachments

• 2020-09-16 18.41.00.jpg
    2020-09-16 18.41.00.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 25
I've got an 18-T-10 as well, mine is a 3 phase one. I ditched everything in the box and fitted a VFD in there. Pure guess, but that looks like the start cap so I imagine it's fed from the switched side of the contactor.

Back