Startrite 145

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill245

Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forum and hoping you can help, I recently obtained a Startrite 145 table saw and need to know what v belts it takes as the ones I found in it gave basically disintegrated. Thanks for any advice.

Well take them off and measure the length so if the outside is 300mm then it will be a z290 or so or if its in inches 12 on the outside will be 11.5 so z 11.5
As I remember theres plenty of adjustment available
Ian

With the motor mounted at it’s highest point run a piece of string around the two pulleys and measure the length. Buy something with the nearest rounded up length. Li stands for length internal, most belts are sold this way.
I suspect you need SPZ belts, rather than Z belts. It’s big brothers all use SPZ belts. I haven’t refurbished a 145.
Measure the top width and depth of your pulleys to work out which belt geometry you need. Lots of places to reference belt dimensions for wedge belts, this is just one
https://bearingtech.co.uk/pages/belt-identifier
Alternatively just buy a replacement from these guys.
https://www.machinespares.net/produ...rtrite-ta-145/saw-spindle-arm-motor-platform/
They are not shy of making a healthy profit though!

how did you get on fitting the replacement belt? I'm in the same place as you and found my nearest match a tight fit
I bought an a20 vee belt and even with the motor out of the case and at its highest point ( least amount of tension ) i don't think i can get it on. After close measuring I think its a wedged belt spz 560 which is smaller profile so will fit better into the grooves so will hopefully just slide on, but if its still tight I will soak them in hot soapy water. what ever you do, I would not remove the double alu pulley off the motor because it was such a tight fit to get it back on I think it was heated then pressed on, I've gone to town with a round file and then block of wood and lump hammer and I think I'm still 3mm or so away from completely home.

Back