Startright plainer thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wally

Reaction score
Hi all I am looking for some information. I was in work last week and I asked in the carpenter shop had they got a thicknesser I could use. I am only a hobbiest at best and like to play in my mancave making all sorts, badly I might add. I am currently playing with a cnc router and love it. I needed some planks reduced and asked in work. I was told yea we have one but it hasn't been used in years and is in the corner being used as a shelf for the shop fridge. I was asked if I wanted it and it was free as it would not be permitted to be sold. I said yes please and got it home this evening. It is about 30 years old and in great condition. It is a startright sd 310. Would any of you fine people have anything like an owners manual for this beast or a link to one. Next problem is the fact it is a 3phase motor. What are my options do I try get an inverter or replace the motor for single phase or try swap/sell it for a portable version. I have the room for it but I am only a novice and this is only a hobby. The machine was last serviced in 2009 even though it wasn't used and has had very little use at all, none in the last 15 odd years the belt is new looking the chain is clean and free moving and the blades are clean and sharp. Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for reading this far lol.

Back