Starter set of chisels??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yetloh":1kav592i said:
If I may, I would like to muscle in on this thread with a slightly different question.

I am an experienced furniture maker but have done only a very small amount of turning and don't have a lathe of my own. I am now booked onto a wind instrument making course at West Dean in the summer, to make a wooden recorder or small flute. My experience has taught me that if you buy cheap tools you always end up buying twice, the second time being the time you buy the tool you should have bought in the first place. West Dean have their own tools but I would rather have my own. However, I don't really want to shell out for new top quality turning tools so am thinking of buying secondhand as there are a couple of good s/hand tool shops in my area. I would be grateful for any tips as to makes and models worth looking out for that would fit in with my "buy once" philosophy.

Jim

Jim

I teach at West dean and can assure you that the tool they have are good quality. If you want to buy quality turnind tools go for the recognised tool manufactuers, Henry Taylor, Hamlet, Crown, Sorby, Ashley Isles.
If you want to contact me to talk through your requirements feel free. PM me and we can can arrange a chat.

Back