start of the new workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammer n nails

Established Member
Reaction score
well today i put down the base for my 8x12 workshop after removing a pagoda levelled it all off then put down a dry mix of sand and cement and put down 600x600 slabs next job is to move the old shed to another part of the patio this is to allow the new workshop to come around the side of the house so it can be erected then the old shed has to be put back from where it came from i am totally knackered now so will enjoy Christmas before i do any more will post some pics on the progress of the workshop until then hope you all have a great Christmas and a happy new year

Hope you are soon logged in and working in the shed.

BTW, laying those slabs interests me, you just lay a dry mixture (what 6 to 1? ) and then its sets hard with the slab in place and thats it?

yes a dry mix i used 5 to 1 the wet sand makes the concrete go off but not to fast then have covered it all up with a tarpaulin and will forget about it till after Christmas for driveways you should use a wet mix

I love workshop build threads.

You've done exactly what I did - started at completely the wrong time of the year and had to work through the coldest months.

Looking forward to the progress pictures.

Wood Monkey":1ahp2a3w said:

You've done exactly what I did - started at completely the wrong time of the year and had to work through the coldest months.

What.... there's another way??

Roy

doorframe":89x7seyn said:
Wood Monkey":89x7seyn said:

What.... there's another way??

Roy

Of course there is!
Spend the winter looking at what you've built so far and sit in the warm thinking "I must get on with finishing that as soon as the weather improves"!

If buying a ready built shed, don't duck the option of having some internal lining, I'm referring to a paper/bitumen lining paper, it stops the draughts.
Plus a board lining inside is a nice luxury.

... and if you want to use it in the winter, plenty of insulation. If you are having a wooden floor, put some under that too, it's so much nicer to have warm feet.

Jim

Something like Celotex will give you the best insulation value. Cavity wall insulation bats can sometimes be had at good prices if you shop around. Fibreglass roof insulation is probably cheapest but less efficient.

Jim

hammer n nails":1z3a8akz said:
yes will line it but on a bit of a budget what would be an inexpensive way to line it some form of board ??

Plasterboard. Cheap as chips where live. And provided you have a D/P/M should be okay. Mark where the studs are so you can find timber to put up shelves, etc.

HTH
Merry Crimbo

John :ho2
Just remembered.
The chips at my local chippie are quite expensive actually. In comparisin the plasterboard is cheaper!

John :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back