Start of a new project

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graigmerched

Established Member
Reaction score
I cut up a yew log that's been lying around in the garden for the last 10 years this morning. The three lumps below are the result. Not sure what I'm going to do with all of them them but one of them is going to be a butterfly shape shallow dish of some sort.

I think my superglue stock is going to take a hit whatever I do with them :D

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Regards

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_0027.JPG
    IMG_0027.JPG
    245.9 KB · Views: 607
  • IMG_0026.JPG
    IMG_0026.JPG
    237.6 KB · Views: 607
  • IMG_0025.JPG
    IMG_0025.JPG
    238 KB · Views: 607
I will be keeping my eye on this one steve

will the butterfly be a double bowl with a single outer bowl shape ??

TOM

tomthumbtom8":32si5fkg said:
I will be keeping my eye on this one steve

will the butterfly be a double bowl with a single outer bowl shape ??

TOM

Not sure yet Tom. I'm trying to work out how to hold it at the moment. I think I am going to have to use a faceplate with some screws missing as the waist is even less on the other side. I'm tempted to make a single shallow platter. A bit like a boat.

I'll take a pic when it's on the lathe. Have been feeling ill last night and today so haven't done much and I'm at a Sunday market tomorow.

Best Regards

Steve

I'm envious them logs look like they are going to take you on a fantastic journey as you explore what is inside the logs I to will be keeping an eye on this one good luck and happy turning

Screw a wood base to the face plate and hot glue it. I've turned a lot bigger that way. If you curve the bottom then use wedges and hot glue to secure when turning the bowl(s)

Pete

Latest posts

Back