Starlite drill press

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kityuser

Established Member
Reaction score
chaps:
after nearly buying myself a drill press, and mate stopped me saying that he had an old drill press at the back of his work shop collecting dust, and that if I picked it up, i was more than welcome to take it away.

I went and had a look, its a "Starlite" drill press with no other obvious markings except a 1HP induction motor.

Its in perfect working order (although a little rusty), the main upright shaft was really badly rusted, but after a couple of hours work both the drill assembly slides up and down as does the work-piece platform.
It has 4 drive pulley settings and 4 load pulley settings as well as a high/low ratio gearbox (located at the front above the chuck assembly).

I can`t believe my luck, a 1 HP drill press for free!! :D , i was just wondering if anyone had heard of "starlite" and whether my gift is worth keeping or just another lump of scrap that i seem to enjoy collecting!

Hi Steve,

Well good for you, that sounds a bit of alright to me, can't be bad, so it has to be good. If it doing the job, keep it, so what if its got a bit of rust on it, as long as its doing what you want, what the hell.
I hope that it goes well for you and does the business, good luck with your good futune.

Latest posts

Back