Star ratings perhaps, or a league table?!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reckon we should rate tools by whether or not Chris Waterhead owns them or not. i.e. Chris owns it, 10 out of 10. Philly owns it, 6 out of 10. Neil owns it 2 out of ten. :roll: ......you get the idea!!
regards
Philly :D
(you know I'm just joking Neil :lol:)
P.s. Neil has been very quiet since the arrival of his recent Uber-tools.....

Philly":3kekx88v said:
I reckon we should rate tools by whether or not Chris Waterhead owns them or not. i.e. Chris owns it, 10 out of 10. Philly owns it, 6 out of 10. Neil owns it 2 out of ten. :roll: ......you get the idea!!
ROFL! :lol: I like it. Although you missed "Alf owns it - rusty, but it was cheap" :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Philly":2rks2azu said:

Philly, I think a small refinement is in order - replace "owns" by "uses" :lol:

Chris,
Good point-don't want any "Co##ector" comments being pointed your way!
No, there are other people better suited to that title on this forum :roll: (no names-you know who you are!)
Best regards

Tony..
right now the 3110 is re-boxed; at this moment in time I have too many other things needing done, top of the heap being the #@%$£ bed...
The L-N was bought primarily as a tool guaranteed to get the job done. If and when I get a little more time, I reckon I'll take the 3110 into the machine shop at work to have the sole re-polished with the blade fitted but retracted, and lever cap set to working tension. My water stones should be able to address the faults in the blade. I've half a mind to invoice the time / costs involved to Clifton for doing their rework for them.

Mike,
Why not just send the thing back to Clifton? I have always found them pleasant and helpful to deal with, if a little slow at times. I am sure they would fix any manufacturing fault FOC.

"Disclaimer"

I have a perfect 3110 and I reckon their number 3 bench plane is pure poetry.

Hi,
To second Chris' comments- I spoke to the chap who demo's the Cliftons at the shows (can't remember his name off hand, but works at the factory). Mentioned a niggle I had with one of my Clifton bench planes-he instantly told me to call the factory and they would repair or replace my plane-no questions asked. He said they guarantee all their planes for defects. So give them a call and get it sorted Mike!
For the record (no pun intended :lol: ) I am very happy with my Cliftons and hold them right up there with the L-Ns (almost)
cheers

Chris... Philly.... you're dead right...

I had a think about it this afternoon; didn't take too long to realise that re-machining the sole would open the mouth excessively... not exactly what I'm looking to achieve. I'll call them tomorrow after work..

Mike

Speak to the manufacturing manager - he was great when I bought my #5

Philly
I rate my clifton's performance up there with the LNs too. Just prefer the looks + little extras on the LNs

Back