• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Stanton F400 Kiln - Free To A Good Home

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Barto

👍
Reaction score
Hope this is ok to post but this giant kiln has been taking up space in my workshop for months and now it’s time to go.

It was given to my ex-girlfriend by a pottery studio she worked at in east London and as far as I’m aware it is in good working order. We never hooked it up so can’t give any assurances. The bricks and elements especially look good.

It is EXTREMELY heavy - I can assist in loading it for you with a tractor but please bear this in mind.

Collection only from Andover, Hampshire.

ynP6D4H.jpg

p8863kM.jpg

Y01TLrN.jpg

IEC3CDx.jpg

LpZGDfl.jpg

Just a quick note on this, I've moved a few kilns (wife is a ceramicist) and one note of caution; make sure the kiln is kept upright especially when transporting. You can do a lot of damage if you rest it on its side.

I'll ask Mrs Shed if she is interested should you need a backup for someone to collect it (appreciate the PM up there).

Had a word with my wife, she has enough kilns (3) so drop me off the list if at all still relevant and knock Dokkodo up the chain.

Good luck in shifting it.

oops sorry, didnt realise i was third in line.

how heavy is extremely? i can borrow forks at my end... but i might be biting off more than i can chew.

Dokkodo":13v6f9m2 said:
oops sorry, didnt realise i was third in line.
I wasn't exactly clear Dokkodo, so my apologies for confusion. Not my decision anyhow.

Good luck to the OP and whoever picks it. Just to add, there are loads of moving firms on Ebay who will probably deal with it. I've used piano movers in the past, they have all the right relevant kit and for a localised move your looking at about £120-150(ish). Also piano movers are used to keeping units of that size upright. Just watch them move it to make sure they keep it straight else it will cause no end of issues going forward.

Sorry for the slow response everyone and thanks for the replies. It looks like this has gone now but I will update the thread if that changes.

Back