Stanley No 27 Transitional wooden plane?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mahking51

Established Member
Reaction score
Er, just got carried away on EBay and bought one of these!
What have I bought?
Is there a 'phone number for people like me to ring? :oops: :oops:
Happy Xmas to all. (With the possible exception of Philly, as since I saw his workshop I've spent a fortune!!)
Martin

Hi Philly
Do you know what this plane is all about?
PS Just bought a Unilift for my router table, will review when it in place.
Have a good Xmas
martin

mahking51":3cefee4s said:
What have I bought?
Firewood, according to some.
wink.gif
. An opportunity to use some fancy wood, according to Brian Buckner.

mahking51":3cefee4s said:
Is there a 'phone number for people like me to ring? :oops: :oops:
You're asking US?!
blink.gif

Cheers, Alf

Martin..

It hasn't been suggested.... but I dare say it's been done... what you have there is the ability to use a single blade / adjuster assembly to cover a whole range of tasks, through making a host of interchangable wooden soles, each of different lengths. Think about it... 30" uber jointer in one set up... 7" macro smoother in another and a host of different uses inbetween... Additionally, you can hyper tune the blade support and mouth on each to make tear out a dim and distant memory.

Alternativly.... it'd make an unusual paperweight.. :wink:

Reading between the lines here I am beginning to think that possibly I have made a bad investment, (not my first and certainly not my last!).
Someone please tell me that I haven't spent £4.99 plus £3 postage on a complete lemon :roll: :lol: :lol:
I don't care, I shall turn it into a paperweight of great beauty and you will all be jealous!!!
I only bought it as I thought there might be an outside chance that it was the one that Philly needed for a full set and I could swap him his new saw for it........of such are delusions made....
Martin

Martin! :shock:
My "buying-tools-I-don't-really-need-off-Ebay" days are over (for the moment :wink: ). At least until I pay off my Axminster bill!
I've got my eye on you........
Merry Christmas
Philly :ho2

mahking51":yduv7ju9 said:
Someone please tell me that I haven't spent £4.99 plus £3 postage on a complete lemon :roll: :lol: :lol:
No, no. Not a complete lemon... It really does depend. You might be lucky, you might not. Some people love 'em, some don't. A search of The Porch archive for "#27" (including the inverted commas) or transitional might be informative (although I haven't checked).

Cheers, Alf

Latest posts

Back