Stanley Combination Handles

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mahking51

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
This is mentioned on a thread below but I wonder if anybody can tell me how the wooden handles are fixed to these planes and more importantly what is the best way of removing them. Are they glued?
As Alf says there appears to be some sort of blind pin from one side only.
Regards
Martin

I guess that s a no then! :eek:

I will take this opportunity to wish everyone a really happy Xmas and New Year. Lets hope Santa brings us all some goodies and even more important lets hope those who are not so well off may live in better times next year.
Martin

Sorry, Martin. I did try and find the relevant stuff in The Porch Archive, but evidently my searching skills aren't up to the task. :(

Cheers, Alf

I remembered the WC one, but I was 95% sure there was discussion about it on The Porch too - to better effect. But if you don't know it, then I'm now 95% unsure. 8-[ Plus we have zero chance of finding it! :lol:

Cheers, Alf

That's probably the one. Although I'm sure there was something more... :-k (Well it worked the first time to get a "professional" search, might as well try it again :wink: )

Cheers, Alf

Thanks Guys!
i am going to try the small hole from the blind side method, will let you know how I get on. The main thing is that there does not appear to be any gluing of the original handle.
Must remember to try not to damage the 'TRAUTS PATENT' stamp......
Regards
Martin

You know, I'm not sure it was that one either... :-k

Okay, just kidding ya. :wink: I think Martin probably has enough to go on now. :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Latest posts

Back