Stanley 92

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brocher

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 1960s Stanley 92 bull nose, which hasn't seen much use, but I decided it should be brought up to standard. But when i got it out of its box, the piece holding down the iron was snapped in two. Largely I think because it had been screwed up to tightly at some point in the past!

Do you know where I might be be able to get a replacement part?

Mike,

Thanks for this. Do you know which part number I might need?

12-092-2 Cutter Adjusting Screw $1.95
12-092-3 Lever $2.05
12-092-4 Plane Iron $3.25
12-092-5 Top & Bottom Casting w/ Screw $22.70
12-092-6 Adjusting Slide (frog) $2.50
12-092-7 Lever Screw $1.25
12-092-8 Binding Screw $2.00

And how I can buy the part from the UK?

Hi Brocher,

Kinda hard to tell from their list. My uneducated guess is that it is the "Lever." But I don't know. If you go to one of the parts pages there is a link to ask them a question via email. That's what I would try. Let them know what is broken and see if they can point you to the correct part--and if it will even fit your model.

As for purchasing, my understanding is that one can buy direct from them. They would then ship to you.

Mike

Bad luck, Brocher. :( For Stanley spares in the UK, Raitools seem to be the outfit to try; not at all sure whether kit 17 or 18 would be the one though, and it seems an expensive way to go about acquiring the part compared to the US. Now there's a surprise. :roll: Ah, just looked on Toolbank Express and it'd be Kit 18 I believe. But try direct first I should.

Cheers, Alf

Back