Stanley 78 parts needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moonsafari69

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have a spare depth stop and set screw for a Stanley 78 Rabbet plane that they would like to sell? I've just started using one I bought yesterday and come to realise (quickly) that the depth stop is going to be needed. Thanks in advance if you can help. Dave.

There is a company that sells parts for these planes, cannot remember the website. I bought a new bar and screw for the fence for mine.

Andrewf":3m4c2p0b said:
There is a company that sells parts for these planes, cannot remember the website. I bought a new bar and screw for the fence for mine.

Thanks Andrew, I will google see what I can find. Was the quality ok?

If you search eBay for Stanley spares kit 14 you'll find a kit with the bits you want and some you don't for £11.08 or more, incl p&p. If that's more than you want to spend it should not be hard to file a bit of mild steel or hard wood to make the depth stop. It's probably easier to enlarge the odd thread to the next metric size, probably M5 or M6, than it is to track down the right screw.

I have the depth gauge and screw for the Stanley 78.
If you are happy at £5.00 plus £1.90 postage, then call me on 01254 202539.

Æ

Alvan":6kr34jjn said:

Æ

Thank you very much Alvan. Good to talk with you and payment is sent. Thanks again, Dave.

Alvan":zvubi7en said:

Æ

Parts have arrived safe and sound. Thanks very much Alvan. All the best, Dave.

Back