Stanley 220 block Plane

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike-W

Established Member
Reaction score
My stepson has inherited a British made Stanley 220 Block plane that he is hoping to restore to its former working condition. The blade adjuster nut (circled) has broken so he is looking for a replacement, Anybody have any knowledge where he might be able to get the nut from? I have suggested cannibalising another plane (looks like this model is available on eBay). The other option would be to make a new adjuster out of brass, any ideas what the adjuster thread might be or better still a link to mechanical drawings?

Stanley 220.jpg

I recently bought that exact part from eBay as I was hoping to fix a Record 220 I have which was missing that part but when I tried them together it didn't work quite right, I think the threads are different on the Record adjusting knob or something.

I'd be happy to send you the part if you PM me, I've no use for it now and I'd like to see it go to someone who can use it.

Hi Sparkhawk,
very generous & quick, Matt will be chuffed if he can get the Block plane working.

I have sent you a PM.

Latest posts

Back