Stanley 13-050 User Guide/Manual

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJP

Established Member
Reaction score
Blew £3 on a Stanley 13-050 with a single 1/4" cutter in a bootsale yesterday.

Anyone able to direct me to a download of the User Guide/Parts List etc?

I've Googled to no avail, though I'm sure there must be one about somewhere.

Martin.

Thanks Jacob - that's of use and I've printed it out.

I'd still like a copy of the pukka manual though if anyone knows of a source.

Martin.
I can't remember a manual as such when I bought mine. I think it's obvious how & where all the bits fit but not obvious which bits you use for a particular tasks.
Maybe just have a go and see how you get on?

I can't remember a manual as such when I bought mine. I think it's obvious how & where all the bits fit but not obvious which bits you use for a particular tasks.
Maybe just have a go and see how you get on?

Yes, there is a User Guide Jacob - unneccessary of course, it's an easy tool to use, but I'm one of those people who likes to collect manuals for the tools I use.

Daft I know!

Martin.
Stanley-13-050.jpg

Somewhere in the dim and distant......
I thought I had something as a PDF.........
It's a bit of a file-full, about 5 meg........ in all the languages.

If you are short of blades, you have two options:
Look on Ebay for a dedicated set, or get a set of Stanley 45 blades (Record will also fit, I think). The 45 blades are physically longer, but will go in - you just have to wind the adjuster fully back.

(Having said that, any 1/8 inch thick plough blade will fit any of the 'normal' ploughs if you are prepared to dispense with the dedicated adjuster mechanisms and do it by feel).

good luck

Attachments

• stanley13050manual.pdf
    4.8 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Somewhere in the dim and distant......
I thought I had something as a PDF.........
It's a bit of a file-full, about 5 meg.

Excellent thanks Argus - downloaded and printed.

I may never look at it again, but my obsession with manuals is satisfied!

Martin.

3 Bloody quid?
Bargain!
Hope all the bolt-on-bits are still there.
These things were late 60's/early 70s, I suppose and either 'retirement trophies' and put away out of sight, or worked to death..... not a lot in between.

I keep manuals too
Yes, there is a User Guide Jacob - unneccessary of course, it's an easy tool to use, but I'm one of those people who likes to collect manuals for the tools I use.

Daft I know!
No not at all I do the same. Everything has a bloody manual nowadays even the toaster!

I keep manuals too
No not at all I do the same. Everything has a bloody manual nowadays even the toaster!

Ah - but have you READ any of them?

- You know that Real Men don't read manuals.

Swansea, Martin?

And I thought that us Cardis were supposed to be tight-fisted! ;);)

Hi Argus -

Forgive me for my tardy response, I'm not ignoring you, I don't appear to have received alerts to your last two postings.

The plane is complete with all its bits (even the pointless little screw that no-one knows what it's for) but only one blade, a 1/4". One might have expected more for £3 but still....

As for Cardis being tight - I couldn't possibly comment!

Alexa - thank you, I've got a copy of the manual now, courtesy of Argus.

Martin.

Back