Staining Pine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redhill Red

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am just about to build a sink unit and wall unit for a utility room I have just built and would like to have them finished in the stripped pine look, what I would like to know is how is the best way to achieve this look?

I have been leaning towards staining the wood with a wax finish but in the past when staining pine i have been left with a blotchy look, would using sanding sealer before staining cure this?

Another idea is should i just use a "stripped Pine " paste awx?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Not sure if this is the look you are after but to get rid of the white pine look on my new handrail and to give it a bit of colour i got some rustins danish oil and some rustins pine wood dye mixed the two together to get the desired look i was after i think i used 25% dye and the rest danish oil applied 3 coats of mix and then finished it off with 2 coats of danish oil only and it turned out superb no blotchiness a proper natural look.

Cheers,
Derek.

Hi Redhill Red
There's been a couple of threads on this in recent months. Have a quick search of the forum for some solutions...

Back