STACKED DADO?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shirehorseman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi one and all,

:? Could someone please tell me where to get a 6" stacked DADO with a 30mm bore size. I have tried a lot of the American sites and the stuff on offer looks very good, but the trouble is that it's mostly with a 5/8" bore size. So I'm assuming it must be the norm (no pun intended) for over there.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions :? :?

Trev.[/b]

oops i just re read your post, you want a 6" set, you could try woodford, they have their own brand of dado's. When i visited the showroom they had a variety of sizes. What saw are you putting it onto?

Hi Tombo,

I am going (hopefully) to put it into a RYOBI RA 2500 R.A.S.
and the maximum it can take is a 6" dado, although it has a 10" freud cross cut blade in at the moment. It would make it a lot easier to trench cut if I could get one.
Trev.

HI,

You will struggle to find a 6 inch dado with 30mm bore anywhere. If I were you i'd cut a piece of card at 8 inch and check that on your radial arm for clearance. A ten inch saw should accept an 8 inch dado which you can get with 30mm bore at loads of places.

cheers,
jonny.

Check with Freud if you can. I think they will custom bore them for you.. Actually any good sharpening place should be able to rebore them.. freud has a very good 6" dado. i run on my ryobi BT3000

jonny boy":culpj0jg said:
HI,

You will struggle to find a 6 inch dado with 30mm bore anywhere. If I were you i'd cut a piece of card at 8 inch and check that on your radial arm for clearance. A ten inch saw should accept an 8 inch dado
which you can get with 30mm bore at loads of places.

That is a good suggestion I will try that. Thank You jonny boy.
Trev

SlimShavings":o60o717s said:
Check with Freud if you can. I think they will custom bore them for you.. Actually any good sharpening place should be able to rebore them.. freud has a very good 6" dado. i run on my ryobi BT3000

This is also a good idea, I'll follow this up as with the previous idea.
Thank you SlimShavings.
And once again Guys. Thanks to you both for the help.

Trev.

HI,

You have to remember that slimshavings lives in the states where dado blades come in more sizes than here. I personally have only seen the freud stacked dado set here in 8 inch or 10 inch dia. Both of these have a choice of 30mm or 5/8 bore. There will however be dado sets from years ago and maybe you will find a 6 inch dia. but I wouldn't get too hopefull.

cheers,
jonny.

To jonny boy & Slimshavings,

Have taken note of all comments from you both, and I really appreciate the input you guys.
When I was knee high to a grasshopper my father always said 'If you don't know, then ask' a bit like the adage of (measure twice and cut once)
though I can still get it wrong sometimes.
I am now a lot older and retired through ill health, but have worked with wood as a hobby all of my life. I used to make and donate (when still working) a lot of stuff to various charities to auction off for funds. I got a big kick out of that. Rocking horses and carvings etc. So I am now in the process having moved to a new home of setting up a workshop again and fitting in all the stuff, with the addition of a new toy. the Ryobi r.a.s.
Anyway thank you all for the help.
Trev. :D :D

Back