• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Stabilizing wood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent this afternoon and evening (with a couples out to cook and eat dinner) gently working my way into the piece, im now as far as can go with the bowl gouge I have, I've sanded inside and out to 600 and friction polished with briwax clear furniture polish, it looks amazing if I do say so myself, one thing to note is the 3d colour stuff I used to fill the cracks and bug holes does not like heat, it gets very soft and started to smudge in a couple of spots. All that's left is to remove the centre pole I've left for the tailstock to push the piece towards the headstock, itight not actually be doing anything but it gives me peace of mind, one I get that out I will rough sand and tidy up then turn it round and reduce the tenon enough for the piece to stand without the tenon touching the ground, im going to leave enough so that in the fate I will be able to remount it and finish hollowing it out. You can see in the video just how much it wobbles 😱
IMG-20211221-WA0010.jpeg

Back