St Neots Tool and Machinery Auction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cambournepete

Established Member
Reaction score
As some of you will know there was an auction in St Neots yesterday - to which I went.

Not a lot of good woodwroking stuff there, but here's a few prices, in case you're interested (BP=12.5% Buyer's Premium):

Axminster Powermatic 1" morticer - £190 (+BP)
Startrite 1250, single phase (I think) inc sliding table - £400 (+BP+VAT)
Startrite 275, single phase - £420 (+BP)
Startrite 275, three phase - £400 (+BP)
Woodrat - £70 (+BP)

Plus lots of B&Q cast offs and metal working and food prep stuff I was not interested in.

I had hoped to get the morticer and a table saw, but it was worth taking a day off though as I got the Woodrat !!! :D :D :D
Now all I've got to do is learn how to use it (the manual is over 150 pages!)
I shall be keeping an eye on any woodrat posts on the forum, so keep those woodrat links coming - thanks Philly!

cambournepete":2jvgda0i said:
it was worth taking a day off though as I got the Woodrat !!! :D :D :D
Now all I've got to do is learn how to use it (the manual is over 150 pages!)
I shall be keeping an eye on any woodrat posts on the forum, so keep those woodrat links coming - thanks Philly!
Way hey! Nice price too. :D You can get a load of downloads from Woodrat's site: http://www.woodrat.com/downloads_framset.html Worth getting the most up to date manual if yours isn't at least v.8.

Cheers, Alf

Pete,

Well done on getting the 'rat, that is a real bargain basement price for a terrific machine. I'm a 'ratter too, and love the machine most of the time. Which manual do you have? It needs to be around version 8.3 I think, and if it's not A4 sized then you will definitely want to get a more up to date manual regardless, as the older ones (around version 5?) were about A5 sized and it's horrible to read!

Cheers,

AG

Latest posts

Back