ssssspoon

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Felix

Established Member
Reaction score
Just finished carving this spoon out of Ash. I bought a pyrography tool in order to do the art work. Really enjoyed making that. I could have carved the scales individually, but that would have taken an age, and there was the risk of pinging some of them off - maybe next time.

Attachments

• IMG_20201021_213413.jpg
    IMG_20201021_213413.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20201021_213424.jpg
    IMG_20201021_213424.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20201021_213516.jpg
    IMG_20201021_213516.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 52
love it - how long does something like that take?
Thanks Rorton for the comment. I'm not really sure as I did it over a period of time - maybe 10 hours in total. The scales took longer to draw than to burn. I wanted them to look right. I need to get some glass eyes - just to really finish it off - they're difficult to find in this country, but you can easily buy from the states - but £12 delivered for 2 x 6mm glass eyes.....it might have to stay 'blind' <lol>. But I have to say that I was really surprised at how little pressure you need and how much fine detail you can get using a pyrography tool - amazing - just adds another dimension to what you make.

cheers

Dean

Hi Dean,
That's a lovely piece
You might be able to get glass eyes on Etsy, my wife gets them for felt animals from there

Tris

As a lifelong Ophidiophobe all I can say is

Uuuuugggghhh!!

Martin.

I need to get some glass eyes - just to really finish it off - they're difficult to find in this country, but you can easily buy from the states - but £12 delivered for 2 x 6mm glass eyes.....it might have to stay 'blind' <lol>.

cheers

Dean

Lovely work If you have a steady hand and a small diamond cutter have a go at splitting a coloured glass bead I did it for an owl's eyes and it worked well.

Phill

Back