spyware

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I'm hoping one of the computer buffs on this site can help me.
I have unfortunately downloaded a spyware detection program which has scanned my computer and says I have numerous spyware intrusions on my hard drive. Of course it requires a payment to remove said intrusions but I sniff a scam. I wonder if anyone has any knowledge of spyware and the best way to get rid of it?
Jaymar

Jaymar,
I am no expert but I do work within an IT company of some repute. Our IT guys here installed Webroot Spysweeper on my PC which cost nothing & there is no subscription. To get updates you have to uninstall the version you have then download the latest free version from the web site. www.webroot.com

I can't really comment on its effectiveness, only that it is used here & it clears out a load of adware every time I run it.

AndyP

Jaymar

Go to www.pcworld.com (not .co.uk) and search their site for 'spybot'. This will remove them all. When i ran it on my office PC for the first time it found and dispatched about 3000 iffy objects.

This tool is highly recommended by network and PC pros, gets good reviews, is used by our univerty's IT bods and is FREE

Thanks fellas. It's great to be able to tap into such a wide knowledge base as there is on this forum. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back