spyware problem for devonwoody

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
My virus program has detected the following spyware .

ADW.SEARCHAID.A

But warns me I delete it at my own risk because it might be needed by some program already installed on my PC.

Does anyone no of this particuoar spy?

I have not heard of it. I tend to trust my virus software and would go ahead and remove it.

McAfee
This kind of application generally comes bundled with another program, which usually discloses the fact that it is ad-supported. Users agree to have the Adware installed in the license agreement, although they may not realise at first that this file was packaged with the product they installed.

What programme did you install to have that DW ?

I don't know which program it could have come from.

I did load a free software program from the web called Flash get recently which allows patches etc to be downloaded in part and then rebuilt to get over the 2 hour download time my server allows.

Any ideas ?

devonwoody":3koktmjc said:
I don't know which program it could have come from.

I did load a free software program from the web called Flash get recently which allows patches etc to be downloaded in part and then rebuilt to get over the 2 hour download time my server allows.

Any ideas ?

Flash get: I think you will find that's the culprit. stopped using it some time ago on my machines when it was flagged as having loaded several 'spy' type files by Virus Scanner and Ad-Aware, Spybot Search and Destroy and/or Pest Patrol. (can't remember which flagged the most)

I use a program called ReGet

No Spyware to note

Back