Springs ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dog

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where I can buy springs from ? They need to be 6 inches or longer and not too strong and about half to three quarters of an inch in diameter. (UK)

Cheers

Thanks Ralph I'll check that out. I need the shorter length of spring to make a jig for my table saw and a longer length to make life easier for a disabled friend of mine who has trouble holding a cordless drill. The idea is to put a length of steel pipe, scaffold type, across his garage roof, using steel rings with the springs attached and at the other end of the spring attach the cordless drill. The spring takes the weight of the drill but makes it easier to move the drill to where it is needed along the work-bench. A bench drill is not flexible enough....that's the idea anyway :idea: :)

Dog,

Not sure if it would tally in with your scheme for your friend, but have you thought about using bungee cords? Just a thought.

Cheers, Alf

Alf bungee jumping drills what ever next :lol: i spose you will be telling us power tools are evil :shock:

:lol:

That is a possible alternative, Alf, good suggestion, but there is only one way to find out, as with everything, and that is to try it ;) Unfortunately a spring is still required for the table saw jig but then again, thinking about it, a bungeee cord might work just as well for a 'sprung' featherboard that sits in the mitre gauge slot....hmmm :)

Back