Spraying

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcleod

Established Member
Reaction score
Help !!

Does anyone know of somewhere I can get three raidiator covers sprayed in Essex ?

I live near stansted airport, so would need to be somewhere reasonable local.

Undertaking some decorating and these need to be 'refreshed'

Thanks in advance for the help,

Kevin

P.S. - mods - if I have put this in the wrong place I apologise in advance, feel free to move.

Buy a couple of spray cans and have a go yourself.
Its not hard to do and you would have the satisfaction
of having done it your self. =D>
Roger.

I would spray them myself but if you want to get someone else to do them just find a suitable car resprayer and ask them. Must be lots around you.

Al

Thanks guys, but this is a case where I know my limitations.

To get the quality of finish I'm looking for will take someone with the right hardware and experience.

Tried calling a couple of car finishers and the concensus was that because it was wood their paints were wrong.

On with the search !

Hi,
I think you are overplaying the difficulty of spraying. If your only going to do a few doors then buy a spray can of primer and have a go. Start to spray about 12 inches away from the start and go across the door with the spray can about 9 inches above the door and kept at a constant distance and then release. Position about 1/2 a spray width down and repeat in the opposite direction. Keep going until covered. Try to get two coats on.

Go have a try, learn a new skill. What have you to lose maybe £5 or so, maybe 30 minutes sanding dry paint off the panel....its not much.

Al

Or get one of the cheaper HVLP soray setups. I have an Earlex one(admittedly I haven't used it for a few years) and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of finish that could be achieved, and I had a job spraying a very long time ago, albeit only giant washing machines.
Not machines for washing giants, you understand, but big machines for laundries and hospitals and the like. A grown man could stand upright in the drum of the 750 pounder.... getting nostalgic now for the smell of thinners and the free pint of milk...

Guys,

Appreciate the encouragement, but I have tried spraying before using cans, and lets just say the results were dire and its not for me, that combined with;
- no usable workshop or garage space that could be empty overnight while drying
- requirement to get - a 'good' finish

means that I need to find someone who does this for a living.

The search goes on,,,,

Back