Sprayer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hpps

Established Member
Reaction score
I quite often get asken to paint projects for customers, but usualy just use a brush or roller as I do it at their house. Now I have a workshop I was thinking it might be a good time to upgrade to some kind of sprayer.

I'll be using it mainly to apply paint finishes, so what are your recomendations?

Air assisted airless, a Kremlin eos or similar.
Will spray most paint undiluted and still give a good finish.

Ollie

Depends on what paints you intend to spray
Water based
Oil Based
Two pack urethane
Small or large objects
What air supply do you have
If you want helpful info - you need to provide a little more detail

Spraying is good and quick even if you account for the time it takes to mask everything off. When I decided to spray cabinets at the workshop instead of hand finishing everything, for me was to much of a headache. I used a airless sprayer. but tbh I preferred the hand finish we got and it was always easier to repair when you get the inevitable phone call from the client in a years time when they've dropped a pan on something.

I quite often get asken to paint projects for customers, but usualy just use a brush or roller as I do it at their house. Now I have a workshop I was thinking it might be a good time to upgrade to some kind of sprayer.

I'll be using it mainly to apply paint finishes, so what are your recomendations?
I gave up hand painting a few years ago. I do all my varnishing, water based and enamel painting with a low pressure spray gun and air compressor. A general purpose, gravity fed, spray gun does the whole range of work. Low pressure also allows for finnicky work and a quick fixer upper job.

Back