Spray guns.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonny boy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, after buying or wasting my money on so called professional spray guns by makers like Draper and sealey, I've decided to spend a little more on something of a much higher quality and got a brand new Binks suction feed high pressure gun from Ebay and just wanted to ask if anyone had any experience of using these and what their opinion is.

cheers,
jonathan.

After years of using cheap spray guns from Machine Mart and the like I recently aquired a really nice brand new DeVilbiss Compact gravity fed gun for a good price.
(40 beer vouchers! :wink:)

It's a revelation! Spraying is now so much easier, and for the first time I really feel in control of the fluid volume and fan pattern.

If the Binks is anywhere near as good as the DeVilbiss you're in for a treat.

I'm thinking of getting a second one for paints - even if I have to pay full price!

I agree. I have owned a Binks Bullows 222 for many years ( from the days when I used to mess about with cars ), and have found it performs well as long as it is cleaned thoroughly after use.
The only caveat I would point out is that as it is a suction feed it works fine when there is plenty of paint/lacquer in the pot but can struggle when getting down to the last dregs or when spraying at dodgy angles.
To this end I have bought a cheap gravity gun to use for very small amounts of liquid.
I haven`t had time to try this yet.

Back