Spotify, anyone?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Argee

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I've only just discovered this application ( http://www.spotify.com/en/ ) and I can't imagine how I missed it before. It's a free streaming music player and the range and quality of the tracks are excellent. There's an advert every 20 minutes or so on the free version, but that's no big deal. You can pay a monthly subscription to remove the ads, but I've not found the need / can't justify the cost so far. You can buy tracks if you wish.

Unfortunately some artists have opted not to be added to Spotify at this time, some frequently requested artists that are not in Spotify include Metallica, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, ACDC and Led Zeppelin. The free advertising-supported version is available in Sweden, Norway, Finland, the UK, France and Spain. In most other countries Spotify Premium is available for purchase.

If you all know about this, them I'm a prawn for mentioning it, sorry. If you don't know about it, take a look! :)

Ray.

Hi Ray
Yes it's good isn't it? No classical so far, though, so it's not substitute for R3 or Classic FM. And the first track I searched wasn't on either (Lady with the Big Cigar - Swingerheads), but otherwise, yes, this looks like the future.

Cheers
Steve

yeah i've got spotify running now...
used to always have last.fm on and it is great for finding tracks and similar artists etc.
but well impressed with spotify and its range of tracks...
just wish metallica had joined in lol...

oh and i now need to write an app for my g1 so i can use spotify on the move... :(

Back