Spiral ducting fittings - rubber sealed fittings

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't used them, but at those prices aren't you nearly at clipped extraction ducting prices (including a sealed clip)?

It has caught my eye as I want to make some home made blast gates and I think a flange with a rubber seal would make a good transition from wooden gate to metal ducting. Then I don't have to worry how to seal that end. The flanges are about £3 each, 2 per gate and the rest from the scrap box. I agree some of the bends are expensive but I don't intend to get these.

So anyone used any rubber sealed fitting?

Mark

I haven't used the rubber seal version so can't comment on them, but I have the spiral ducting and made my own blast gates from wood and found fitting them a doddle ( there should be some pics on here somewhere). I used the saddles for the Y bends as well. Been up & running for about 5yrs now.

Proshop

I've tried a search but can't find the pictures you refer to. Any chance you could post a link, would love to see them and maybe take a bit of inspiration

Mark

The rough part of spiral ducting is the cut end of the tube... which looks like it will be still exposed as they are male fittings.....Therefore still needs taping... there pretty useless at that point imo.

The Bear":5p6lmig1 said:
Proshop

I've tried a search but can't find the pictures you refer to. Any chance you could post a link, would love to see them and maybe take a bit of inspiration

Mark

I've sent you a pm with a link.

Pro shop
Thanks for the pm, very interesting

Olly
You've lost me, can you explain?

Mark

Yes sorry,

The gasket fittings are sold with the purpose of not needing to be taped, and also having smooth edges in the description, They self seal, but when you cut the spiral tube and rivet it to a fitting the cut edge of the tube is still exposed as the fitting is the female component, so the duct either needs time spent deburring the pipe or just tape it up over the joint. Taping is quicker and also seals the joint, so why the need for the gasket?

Imo of course

Latest posts

Back