Spindle moulder

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FelderMan":o77vp855 said:
Hi Ham,

Metabo make some nice power tools, but their planer thickneser machine which was a clone of a Record model & others was pants.

Following on from my earlier post, this again is untrue. The 10 x 6 p/t I assume you are reffering to (HC260) was originally designed by EB almost 25 years ago and has always been built in Germany. The clones which followed were both from the far east, and released by Record, & more recently SIP.

Der Goalie - Lurem you are quite correct are the manufacturers of the Maxi 26 and yes there is a tie between Lurem and Metabo, but it is not 'a rubbish' opinion that Metabo are now selling the Maxi 26 rebadged as a Metabo in different colours. In is also fact that the only item changed has been the wheel set, and that a new version with additional motors has also been launched. It also doesn't change the fact that it is an inaccurate machine with a history of adverse comments.

I think it is a worthy cautionary tale for anyone venturing into a machine purchase from these companies.

Der Goalie,

Yep, your correct, my mistake I meant to say the EB (did a couple of posts ref the Record machines at the same time. It's an age thing :D ).

In any case the machine was/is IMHO pants, sorry but it is. :(

Hang on. So for years Metabo were in a position to kick Lurem up the behind and get the Maxi improved and a decent manual made available? And they didn't? Congratulations Metabo, you've joined my list of manufacturers at the very bottom of my list of "who shall I buy from". You like your customers to suffer too much for my taste. :evil:

Cheers, Alf

Alf":fsauspih said:
Hang on. So for years Metabo were in a position to kick Lurem up the behind and get the Maxi improved and a decent manual made available? And they didn't? Congratulations Metabo, you've joined my list of manufacturers at the very bottom of my list of "who shall I buy from". You like your customers to suffer too much for my taste. :evil:

Cheers, Alf

No, Metabo are the parent company of Lurem, however they are responsible only for setting Lurems budget for product development. To put it in simple terms, although Metabo own Lurem, Lurem are still run as an almost independant company. Metabo are a powertool manufacturer, Lurem a woodworking machine manufacturer so surely it would be foolish for Metabo to advise Lurem on their product development - no?

As for improving the Maxi, it was improved by the introduction of a 3 motor version which was the single biggest complaint about the old Maxi. They have also added a further 3 combination machines to their range depending on how much you have to spend.

As for the manual, I agree it's not as clear as it should be, and as a result Metabo supply a DVD with every machine, showing everything from how to unpack the machine from its pallet, through to setting the machine up and actually using it. Why were Record unwilling to do this when they sold the Maxi? Or are they at the bottom of your list as well now?? :roll:

In this in and out of bed relationship between Metabo and Lurem, it doesn't really matter how the management is set up. Metabo has decided to sell in their colours and in their name. Surely they also have the responsibility to supply to their standards as well.

Der_Goalie":2uhebinq said:
Why were Record unwilling to do this when they sold the Maxi? Or are they at the bottom of your list as well now?? :roll:
Oh Record have been there for ages. :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Back