spindle moulder tooling

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I have just invested in a Sedgwick spindle moulder. It runs and performs like a dream!! I have got some basic tooling, but am looking for a 125mm cutterblock to take the various moulding cutters.

Does anyone recommend a particular make of cutter block or have any opinions? All the tooling i have bought so far is Whitehill. A search on the net doesn't seem to bring up many manufacturers or suppliers

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm,

Lots of suppliers about! Apart from Axminster and Rutlands catalogues, blocks and cutters can be obtained from Wealden, Freud, Felder, Trend and Record. I'm sure that there are a lot more, but these are the ones which spring to mind at present. I started using a Felder block last year and am very pleased with it, but because of the safety requirements I am sure that all of the others are equally well made.

Good luck

David

Malcom,
David post above has probably listed the most popular suppliers.
If you want a quick look, you can download the Wealdon Catalogue from their web site. It's in PDF format, if you can't find it I can send you it if you wish, just PM me with your email address. They are quite reasonibly priced compared to Whitehill. The axminster range are by CMT and good value.

I'm using a Felder block they are made by Leitz another very good maker.

If you contact Safety in Woodworking they can supply Whitehill cheaper than buying direct they claim.

Hope this helps :)

I have just invested in a Sedgwick spindle moulder. It runs and performs like a dream!! I have got some basic tooling, but am looking for a 125mm cutterblock to take the various moulding cutters.

Does anyone recommend a particular make of cutter block or have any opinions? All the tooling i have bought so far is Whitehill. A search on the net doesn't seem to bring up many manufacturers or suppliers

I believe only Whitehill make 125mm x 55mm diameter pinned limiter blocks, which take their own proprietary knives and you can't fit the usual euro-style cutters. They also make a 125mm x 65mm which have different pin centres to the 55mm one, so you need different cutters for that one that only fit the 65mm tall head.

I believe only Whitehill make 125mm x 55mm diameter pinned limiter blocks, which take their own proprietary knives and you can't fit the usual euro-style cutters. They also make a 125mm x 65mm which have different pin centres to the 55mm one, so you need different cutters for that one that only fit the 65mm tall head.
It’s nice of you to post advice, but I’m not sure the OP is waiting for an answer given the thread is 17 years old ;)

@Against_The_Grain, just in case it wasn't clear in the other thread you resurrected, if you see a username "Anonymous" and the status is "Guest", then this is a collective dead account and none of the former members merged into Anonymous will see your comment or reply. This also applies to any username with the status "Guest".

@Against_The_Grain, just in case it wasn't clear in the other thread you resurrected, if you see a username "Anonymous" and the status is "Guest", then this is a collective dead account and none of the former members merged into Anonymous will see your comment or reply. This also applies to any username with the status "Guest".

Maybe one day they'll come back!

Latest posts

Back